Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Urban Fitness Movement

A couple of months ago a friend sent me one of those daily deal links to a bootcamp package from Urban Fitness Movement that was too good to resist: 15 classes for $20! This morning my decision to partake was brought to bear, and in the cold rainy non-light of 6 am, the whole thing seemed very resistable indeed. I perservered, however, and made it through (sort of) my first class, which involved testing like a timed obstacle course and how many reps we could do of certain exercises. I set myself a lofty goal, (do not throw up), and was pleased that I reached it. My friend and her husband amazed me with their strength and stamina and I assured myself that I was merely leaving lots of room for improvement as time goes by.

Sadly the picture I've included is not of me, but look how happy she is! Coach Allison Tai (also not pictured) is wonderful. I was sort of worried about being yelled at, but it's not that kind of bootcamp. She is very knowledgeable and encouraging, and in unbelieveable shape after giving birth scant months (weeks?) ago. Very impressive indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Your new goal should be: not getting lost during bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete