Monday, October 24, 2011

Grandview Tire & Auto Centre

There's nothing more disheartening to someone on a budget than feeling a distinct and loud chugging in the engine of one's car. I had this unfortunate experience on a late night last week, and since my usual mechanic is way out in Langley, I got to googling. Happily, I found Grandview Tire & Auto Centre with their online appointment booking system and many excellent reviews from non-car people like me. Lo and behold, there was a spot open the very next day! Fearing that my two year old "purely cosmetic" front end collision damage was coming back to haunt me, I braced myself for sticker shock.

The guys at Grandview Tire were very friendly and, after a short test drive with a technician, during which the problem finally manifested again, I left Fitzie in their capable hands. When I came back a short while later, Ed the shop manager began explaining the problem to me using diagrams on the computer, but then just took me into the shop to peer into the engine. Through no fault of his, I didn't really understand the problem, but I certainly appreciated the attempt at explanation before I agreed to pay for the repairs!

The final tally was about $360; still not a pleasant surprise, but not exactly the budget sinking behemoth I had feared. I will definitely return to this shop the next time I need a mechanic, though I hope it's a while from now.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review. I was googling Grandview Tire & Auto Centre and found your blog. Have an appointment with them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. Unfortunately, I had to pay them another visit today (not their fault). I remain very impressed with their customer service!

    ReplyDelete