Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Golden Afternoon

Yesterday evening I ran to my car amid a sudden downpour of hailstones. They were admittedly child's play, compared to the golf and baseball sized stones I've witnessed in Calgary, but still. Rounding the highway to Vancouver, I saw a brilliant opening in the sky, all pink and orange. A week or so ago we had another of these magnificent sunsets, but I missed that one. Yesterday I got right outside as soon as I got home to take in the light show. Unfortunately, these were all taken by my iPhone, so the quality is lacking, but damn, was it ever spectacular. Enjoy!

Curiously, just as I rounded the freeway bend into Coquitlam this morning, a suspiciously similar hailstorm began out of nowhere. Almost as if it had never stopped in the first place...









No comments:

Post a Comment